It seems like I can count 50 disadvantages to being a college student when it comes to money in under 5 minutes. But, there’s actually more good that comes out of it than you think! Many places (although not always openly) offer students discounts on everyday things. Taking advantage of these things can make your budget stretch and each dollar count.
Student Discounts Offered Everywhere:
- Amazon Student: Amazon offers Prime to students with a valid college email. It includes free two-day shipping (great for books), exclusive coupons, and $5 gift cards when you refer a friend. You get the subscription for 6 months free, then 50% off the normal Prime price.
- Spotify: Spotify gives you their premium subscription for just $5. Unlimited music streaming straight to your phone & computer, on AND offline. If you’re tired of asking for iTunes gift cards for birthdays and Christmas, this is perfect for you.
- Apple: Apple will give you a 5% Student Discount off most purchases, and up to $200 dollars off a new MacBook laptop or iPad.
- Adobe: Get student discounts on Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Microsoft: Get up to 15% off Microsoft Office with a valid student email.
- FedEx: When shipping a package, show your valid student ID to get 20-30% off.
- Precision Tune Auto Care: Get 10% off with your student ID for any work you need done on your car.
- Which Wich: Get a free small drink with purchase of a sandwich and chips.
- Subway (off campus): Get a 6-in. sub, small drink, and chips for just $6.
- Chick-Fil-A (West Market Street ONLY) : On Wednesday nights, with your valid ID, purchase any full-price meal on the menu and get a free Chicken Sandwich.
- Marco’s Pizza: Get a large one-topping pizza for $8.75 anytime with valid ID.
- Wendy’s: Get a free 16oz drink with your meal.
Remember- it never hurts to ask if your favorite place does a student discount. The worst thing they can say is, “No.”
*picture from google images